Who is eligible?
Adults age 18 or older who can safely participate. Individuals who need assistance with personal care and activities of daily living are eligible unless highly specialized skills are required to safely care for them.
Who is NOT eligible?
Individuals whose behavior requires physical intervention or disrupts the peaceful stay of other guests. Individuals who require skilled nursing, i.e. insulin, colostomy care and wound care are generally not eligible.
How do I sign up my loved one?
The application process, on average, takes three weeks. The process includes:
- Completion of intake paperwork/guest information packet
- Results of recent physical and TB test (done by guest’s health care provider) returned to St. Ann Center Overnight Respite Department
- Plan of care meeting with Respite Nurse
- Meeting with Nurse to drop off medications that will be needed during the stay and to sign contract
- Schedule and complete a “trial night” when guest meets staff and becomes acclimated to St. Ann Center’s Overnight Respite
- If trial night is successful, you can make your reservations
How often can my loved one stay?
Depending on availability, guests may stay one day to 21 days. Weekends and holidays book up quickly, so advance reservations are highly suggested.
What if my loved one needs medications administered?
Medication-certified staff are available on each shift to administer medications.
What if I only need respite care on weekends during the day?
For adults who do not need overnight care, day services are available in the respite care center on weekends, Saturday and Sunday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Can my loved one use other St. Ann Center services during their stay?
Yes! Additional services are available (with an additional charge) including outpatient rehab, hair and nail salon, massage and warm-water pool.
How much does respite care cost?
Costs vary depending upon level of care needed, based on the assessment of the client’s needs.
What type of payment is accepted?
We accept private pay and payment assistance from Family Care, Community Care, Care Wisconsin, IRIS and Milwaukee County Department on Aging.
Are tours of St. Ann Center and the Overnight Respite available?
Yes! Call to set up a personal tour: 414-977-5079.