In harmony with healing
Music is motivating! Our brains are made to respond to music, no matter our ability to vocalize, move our bodies and process what we hear.
Music therapy is a unique and creative way to respond to the physical, emotional, cognitive and social needs of people of all ages by:
- Promoting wellness
- Managing stress
- Alleviating pain
- Expressing feelings
- Enhancing memory
- Improving communication
- Promoting physical rehabilitation
St. Ann Center’s Music Therapy Program includes:
- Music performance groups for increased self-esteem, improved social and memory skills and language development
- Active music-making for improved fine and gross motor skills, improved ability to remain on task and follow directions
- Learning in music appreciation sessions, choir and other performing group practices
- Improved thinking skills through song lyric matching, following musical patterns and recall of lyrics
No special musical ability is needed to benefit from musical therapy.
Individual music therapy sessions are available but require a referral and must be funded separately.
As our new Bucyrus Campus continues to grow, we will add more special programs to mirror all those available at the Stein Campus. Visit our website often to watch our progress!
@ THE STEIN CAMPUS
Music Therapist, Board Certified
Hannah Goodness: (414) 977-5013