Welcome to a true home away from home
There’s never a dull moment at St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care. From morning exercise to lunch with friends and an afternoon filled with activities and socializing, we make the adults we serve feel part of the family.
Our day services meet the unique needs of the frail elderly and adults of all ages with disabilities. Plus, adults at St. Ann Center enjoy “a little something special.” Children from our day care join the adults for fun-filled activities and a chance to laugh and have fun together.
Adult Day Services Monday-Friday 6 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (with an overnight option in the Stein Campus respite care center
St. Ann Center provides:
- CARE Medical care from an R.N. or L.P.N. and help with personal hygiene and grooming, continence and mobility are provided by qualified personal care workers.
- NUTRITION A hot lunch and snack are served daily. Special dietary needs can be met, including tube feeding.
- FUN There are plenty of opportunities to socialize with daily exercise, field trips and swimming in our aquatic center.
- CREATIVITY Our adults can express themselves and learn new skills through music and art. In St. Ann Center’s fully equipped art studio, they can participate in a variety of enjoyable projects. Guided by art therapists, they can try their hand at drawing, painting, jewelry making, ceramics, woodworking and more!
- WELLNESS Care of mind, body and spirit is nurtured through massage therapy, emotional and spiritual support, our Health and Wellness Clinic and hair and nail services at our Ageless Beauty Salon.
- PERSONAL ATTENTION A low staff-to-client ratio allows us to get to know our adults and their unique interests, skills and needs.
Personal hygiene care
Often, it is challenging to meet the personal hygiene needs of an elderly loved one with disabilities. St. Ann Center offers hygiene care services such as whirlpool baths and dental hygiene to help caregivers meet those needs.
The staff at St. Ann Center offers private, personalized bathing care to people living with aging or disability. Those interested in receiving this service do not need to be enrolled in the Adult Day Services program. A health clearance from a physician is required.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-3 p.m. (by appointment on a pay-per-service basis)
Whirlpool baths offer:
- Bathing in a whirlpool bathtub that is wheelchair accessible
- A private setting and a personal care assistant
- Specialized equipment, such as a Hoyer lift
Smiles for Sr. Lucille, our dental hygiene program (named for Sr. Lucille Walsh, the first Sister of St. Francis to graduate from Marquette Dental School) provides dental care instruction to adults and children. Since the program began 5 years ago with five clients, it has expanded to serve nearly 60 clients, offering 120 brushings a week.
A dental hygienist works with disabled adults, the elderly and their caregivers to identify the needs of each person and develop a dental home care plan. Group and one-on-one instruction is given on brushing, use of toothpaste and mouthwash and care for dentures and partials. Special intergenerational programs (with the children!) teach the importance of tooth brushing and flossing and good eating habits and food choices.
Intergenerational benefits for adults
Magic happens when children and adults get together in daily intergenerational activities. Often, older adults or those with disabilities feel isolated and disconnected. Being with children helps them to relate to another generation, stay more physically active and serve as role models and teachers for youngsters.
At St. Ann Center, adults can see the world through younger eyes—be it by playing games, making art or sharing stories with our childcare youngsters. And kids benefit, too.They love having someone who listens and gives them undivided attention— and who values and accepts them, just as they are.
As our new Bucyrus Campus continues to grow, we will add more special programs to mirror all those available at the Stein Campus. Visit our website often to watch our progress!
Interested in learning more? Contact our Social Services Department, listed below.