The terrific two’s
This is the time your child will start growing to his or her greatest potential through social, academic, physical and creative activities. From swimming to the ABC’s, we work to help each child learn at their own speed and in their own unique way!
Here’s what your child will learn:
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL SKILLS Regulates own emotions and behaviors; says “please” and “thank you”; cooperates by taking turns; makes friends
- THINKING SKILLS Recognizes and recalls people they’ve met
- BASIC SELF-HELP SKILLS Dresses self; tries a task first and then asks for help
- LANGUAGE Develops listening skills; uses a growing vocabulary
- MATHEMATICS Recognizes numbers and counts; understands shapes
- THE ARTS Explores the visual arts; recognizes colors
Intergenerational activities include:
- SIDE-BY-SIDE ART TIME Learns to comfortably engage with peers and adults while practicing creative expression and listening in a variety of situations
- DANCING/MUSIC Explores dance and music concepts and expression
- STORY TIME in our specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care unit; comprehends and responds to books
Just for fun:
- Art activities
- Variety of sensory activities
- Taking walks/exploring the outdoors; noticing the characteristics of living things
As our new Bucyrus Campus continues to grow, we will add more special programs to mirror all those available at the Stein Campus. Visit our website often to watch our progress!
Supplies parents need to provide:
- Diapers, pull-ups, underwear and wipes/ointment
- Change of clothes (one minimum)
- Swim suit and swim diapers
- Bug spray
- Nap time blanket
@ THE STEIN CAMPUS
BUTTERFLY ROOM – Room ratio 1 to 6
MONARCH ROOM – Room ratio 1 to 6
For more information, contact the Child Day Care Office at (414) 977-5041.
@ THE BUCYRUS CAMPUS
MONGOOSE – room ratio 1 to 6
MEERKAT – room ratio 1 to 6
HEDGEHOG – room ratio 1 to 6
For more information, contact the Child Day Care Office at (414) 210-2470.