Balancing learning and fun
Before- and After-School Program & Summer Camp
(Before- and after-school care is available during the school year, and a separate Summer Camp session runs June through the summer to the start of school)
Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Ages 5-12 (up to age 17 with special needs)
Need to get to work before school starts? Work later than school finishes? Like to keep the kids having fun and learning during summer? St. Ann Center has busy parents covered!
Our child care staff teams up with parents/guardians to give your children the very best care. Our programs serve all children—including those with special needs—and focus on appreciation for all ages and abilities.
Our before-school program provides:
- BREAKFAST before 8 a.m.
- ACTIVITIES to prepare your child for a great day at school
- TRANSPORTATION to school from our site
Our after-school program provides:
- TRANSPORTATION from school to our site
- SWIMMING in the St. Ann Center warm water pool twice a week
- MUSIC APPRECIATION directed by a certified music therapist
- HOMEWORK assistance
- NUTRITIOUS SNACKS twice in the afternoon
Here’s what your child will learn:
- ART AND SCIENCE through creative activities that spark imagination, self-expression and fine motor skills
- SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL AND THINKING SKILLS through play activities that help physical development
- LANGUAGE SKILLS that build effective communication
- INTERGENERATIONAL WISDOM through shared activities with St. Ann Center’s older adult clients
- HANDLING DISAGREEMENTS while respecting each person’s dignity
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT drawing on the various religious traditions of children enrolled in the center
Just for fun:
- GROUP GAMES on a playground and time on an open field
- COOKING opportunities that offer practice in following directions and build math and science skills
- INTERGENERATIONAL ACTIVITIES including games, such as bean bag toss and mini-basketball shots, art projects, card games, bingo and reading books together
- BIRTHDAYS IN THE PARK (in our beautiful indoor intergenerational park) celebrated with others in the center sharing your child’s birthday month
- FIELD TRIPS Mini outings are also planned throughout the school year, including walks around the neighborhood and exploration of nearby woods, fields and gardens
Summer Camp starts June 12th!
Our Summer Camp program provides:
- Learning about everything from art to music, cooking to gardening, plus more
- Play time including a handicap-assemble playground and an indoor atrium play area
- New friends of all ages and abilities to share fun and educational activities
- Field trips once a week to educational places such as Boerner Botanical Gardens, the Urban Ecology Center, Old World Wisconsin and more
Supplies parents need to provide:
- Bug spray
- Swimsuit and towel (if swimming in the center pool)
- Extra set of clothing
- Any medications needed for your child in original medicine container and a signed consent form to administer medication
- Before- and After-School programs: Depends on number of mornings/afternoons child is present
- Summer Camp: Stein Campus: $200 per week; only $40 per day! There is a $50 per family registration fee. Wisconsin Shares is accepted.
- Summer Camp Registration will be confirmed. If the program is full, you will be contacted and allowed to make another child care choice, and your registration fee will be returned. A parent handbook with complete program details will be sent to you upon successful registration. Register early to reserve your space.