The one-der years
At St. Ann Center, we help 1-year-olds learn and explore at their own pace in a nurturing and safe environment.
Here’s what your child will learn:
- PHYSICAL SKILLS Develops fine-motor strength and coordination: uses fingers and hands to use a spoon, open a cup and handle writing and drawing tools; develops traveling skills for walking, running and jumping
- LANGUAGE Learns basic sign language to communicate; improves listening skills to understand increasingly complex language; forms a foundation for a growing vocabulary
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL SKILLS Creates/maintains positive relationships with peers and adults; participates cooperatively by helping pick up toys
- THINKING SKILLS Follows simple directions; solves problems through trial and error
Intergenerational activities include:
- Music and art with adults—teaching children to get along with people different from them and giving adults joy
- Learning to shake hands and give high fives to adult friends
Just for fun:
- Yoga to improve balancing skills and coordination
- Art projects to strengthen fingers/wrist/hand-arm coordination
- Nature walks as an introduction to science and the environment
As our new Bucyrus Campus continues to grow, we will add more special programs to mirror all those available at the Stein Campus. Visit our website often to watch our progress!
Supplies parents need to provide:
- Nap time blanket
- Two changes of clothes
- Cotton balls
- Crayons (large)
- Markers (large)
- Glue (stick or liquid)
- Masking tape
@ THE STEIN CAMPUS
CATERPILLAR ROOM – Room ratio 1 to 4
BEETLE ROOM – Room ratio 1 to 4
For more information, contact the Child Day Care Office at 414-977-5041.
@ THE BUCYRUS CAMPUS
SALAMANDER – Room ratio 1 to 4
TURTLE – Room ratio 1 to 4
CHAMELEON – Room ratio 1 to 4
For more information, contact the Child Day Care Office at (414) 210-2470.