Learning begins the moment your baby is born.
Offering care for infants as young as 6 weeks old, St. Ann Center doesn’t want to waste a minute helping your little ones get acquainted with the fascinating world around them, while encouraging their growth and development.
Helping your baby reach all of his or her first steps:
- PHYSICAL Natural reflex movements of hands and limbs; sitting, crawling, standing and beginning to walk (6 months to 1 year)
- THINKING SKILLS Moving eyes to and fro, using hands and mouth to explore objects
- LANGUAGE Crying to inform, listening to sounds, beginning to say words like “mama” and “dada”
- SOCIAL Cuddling, interacting with other children, sharing toys through play
- EMOTIONAL Expressing emotions through laughing, smiling, crying and clapping
Intergenerational activities include:
- MUSIC Singing and clapping with adult friends from the Wellness Unit
- ROCKABY ALERTS You won’t find any crybabies at St. Ann Center. When teachers need a few extra pairs of loving arms to comfort crying little ones, a Rockaby Alert is issued over the building’s intercom. That’s the cue for available adults and staff to drop what they’re doing and race to the infant care rooms for a chance to hold and rock the babies.
Just for fun:
- Sensory table
- Sensory peek-a-boo
- Story time, reading books
Supplies parents need to provide:
- Diapers, wipes/ointment
- Swaddler (if baby uses one)
- Change of clothes (one minimum)
- Sun hat
- Body wash/body lotion
@ THE STEIN CAMPUS
LADYBUG 1 – Room ratio 1 to 4
LADYBUG 2 – Room ratio 1 to 4
For more information, contact the Child Day Care Office at (414) 977-5041.
@ THE BUCYRUS CAMPUS
STORK – Room ratio 1 to 4
PEACOCK – Room ratio 1 to 4
FLAMINGO – Room ratio 1 to 4
OSTRICH – Room ratio 1 to 4
For more information, contact the Child Day Care Office at (414) 210-2470.